Curriculum : The Victorian Early years Learning and Development Framework
The Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework advances all children’s learning and development from birth to eight years. It does this by supporting all early childhood professionals to work together with families to achieve common outcomes for all children.
It identifies 5 Early Learning and Development Outcomes for all children.
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators.
Berwick Twinklestar kinder works with the learning framework to ensure your child receives quality education in our early childhood setting. This is a vital time for your child to learn and develop.
The Frameworks vision is for all children to experience play based learning that is engaging and builds success for life.
The Framework helps guide the staff employed at Twinklestar, they will use this framework in partnership with families, (children’s first and most influential educators) to develop learning programs responsive to children’s ideas, interests, strengths and abilities, and recognize that children learn through play.
The Early Years Learning Frameworks describes childhood as a time of belonging, being and becoming.
- Belonging is the basis for living a fulfilling life. Children feel they belong because the relationships they have with their family, community, culture and place
- Being is about living here and now. Childhood is a special time in life and children need time to just “be”, have time to play and try new things and have fun.
- Becoming is about the learning and development that young children experience. Children start to form their sense of identity from an early age, which shapes the type of adult they will become.
Twinklestar will use this framework to ensure your child receives the highest quality experience. The framework focuses on your child’s learning from birth. Each child will have their own individual learning portfolio – we may use photos, art-work, learning stories, to show you how they are developing and what learning interest them.
By working together parents and educators at Twinklestar can enhance your child’s learning and wellbeing.
for our next intake now!